Follow Me!

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

YouTube - Forgiveness - The Greatest Gift - My Reflection

YouTube - Forgiveness - The Greatest Gift

After watching the movie (Fireproof), I realized how much we must treasure those around us, our family, our parents, our relatives, our friends, our beloved ones & everyone in this world. My perspective of loving others is not just for the people whom I know personally, but also for those who I don't even know. Living as a Catholic for all my life, I have learn how to love one another & make no one my enemy. I do believe that we live to find LOVE, not ENEMIES.

My life in campus has been filled with various activities, involving many people from various campuses as well. I have learnt a lot of things through my involvement in these activities. I have learnt how to serve God better, how to be a good leader, how to interact with other people & many more skills. But, how much have I done in my life? Have I practiced all those teachings I got during SALT? Leadership Gathering? Southern Syiok? Inter-Campus Gathering? Or was I just there to attend & enjoy every moment? Singing my lungs out, dancing like no one is looking at me? Laughing with friends? Trying to act as if I am cool? As if I have a lot of talent to show? As if I am super-duper-friendly & could interact with everyone? And after the program, I still live as if I've never learnt anything? Still have hatred in my heart? Bad feelings about others? Gossiping & talking bad about other people's life? Sometimes, we just don't realize that we have offended others. It happened to me many times. I bet that even until today, a friend of mine who told me that I am an arrogant person, still thinks the same. I just never realized my actions. Maybe he thinks that I will only be friend with people of certain standards. Which me myself is confused about. And some people who thinks that I am the 'thirdperson' in other people's life, still keep on passing on the messages to the others without even knowing the real story behind everything. This is when I realized that how FORGIVENESS is the GREATEST GIFT of all. I just don't have time to think of such unnecessary things like that & what I used to do is just live on with my life as long as I know that what I am doing is right. But, again, the question here, it that a good way of living? Forgetting about some things & living normal as if there's nothing had happened? This is one of my talent, I guess. But, God doesn't want us to live like that. He wants us to FORGIVE & FORGET. I can forgive, but how can I start with the forgiving part? Love conquers everything. When we have loved one another, God will love us. I guess I just need the strength to do this.

Referring to the video on YouTube, I was browsing through YouTube when I saw this video. It shows how forgiveness is the greatest gift of all. Sometimes we just tend to hold grudges for a lifetime, not knowing that forgiveness is the best gift that we have. The only feelings we have in ourselves are hatred & depression. Hatred, we keep on hating another person & refused to talk about it & living with it. Depression, due to hatred, or too much hatred in our lives, we get depressed of our feelings, we can't even think properly, no focus in our lives & a way to get over it is by doing unnecessary things. Even the Lord would forgive us when we have sinned against Him. Why can't we cast our negative feelings of anger, fight or revenge among one another? Why do we have to keep those feelings & act as if there's nothing that happened? I believe that when we forgive, we can forget. But, how do we do this? Do we wait until it is the right time to forgive? Until the Lord comes for the second time? God gives us enough time to think, a rationale mind to think, a heart to forgive & lips to ask for forgiveness. It all depends on us whether we want to do it or not.

Here is something on forgiveness, what the bible says about forgiveness.

Some people will seek for forgiveness, while others will escape.


"Therefore, I tell you, whatever you asked in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it shall be done for you. And when you stand to pray, forgive whatever you may hold against anyone, so that your heavenly Father may also forgive your sins" (Mark 11:24-26)

No comments:

Post a Comment